The purpose of this Accessibility Statement is to describe the standards of Disability Access at Upton Grange Holiday Cottages
Upton Grange Holiday Cottages are situated at Upton Farm, off the A353, North East of Weymouth in a rural setting 1 mile from Ringstead Bay. The road leading to Upton Grange entrance is an unclassified single track road with suitable passing places. The Grange entrance is located to your left at the bottom of a hill, 250m from the main road. Upton Grange drive has a gravel surface leading up to reception. All six of our cottages are accessible via a gravel driveway/courtyard.
Upton Grange is approximately 8.5 miles away from Weymouth Railway Station where an accessible taxi service is provided outside. There are currently no bus routes direct to Upton Grange.
Follow the gravel driveway to the front of the building where a member of our reception team will welcome you and show you and your party to your cottage. Our reception team will give you a brief welcome talk about the property and the surroundings.
Parking is available for ALL cottages; some are directly outside the door, please see below for further details.
- Foxes is situated in our gravel courtyard with parking available immediately outside.
- The front entrance has 2 small steps with a depth of 6.5 and 6.25 inches leading through the 32 inch wide front door into a level carpeted lounge.
- A rug is placed on the floor at the entrance to the cottage and kitchen-dining area.
- The kitchen has wooden laminate flooring.
- The bedroom is accessed from the lounge area with a door width of 32 inches.
- The bathroom has a bath and polished floor tiles. The door leading from the bedroom is 32 inches wide.
- Access can be gained from our courtyard car park to the rear of the property. Car parking is available right outside the property.
- The front entrance has 2 steps, each step is 6 inches deep. The front door width is 41 inches.
- The downstairs comprises of a lounge kitchen-diner with a small raised floor from lounge to kitchen-diner. The step up is 2 inches high.
- Off the kitchen-diner is a twin bedroom with a door width of 31 inches.
- The downstairs bathroom door is 26.5 inches wide and has a shower with a door 23 inches wide, the floor has polished floor tiles.
- Upstairs is accessed via 12 stairs which are steep and not suitable for people with limited mobility.
- Upstairs accommodation comprises 2 double bedrooms, a baby’s nursery and bathroom with a bath.
- Both bathrooms have polished floor tiles, the Kitchen area has stone tiles, all other areas are carpeted.
Ratty’s Retreat Cottage
- Situated in our gravel courtyard with parking available immediately outside and a paved seating area by the front door.
- The front door is 36 inches wide with a step of 2 inches up and an immediate step down inside of 8 inches.
- The front entrance opens into the kitchen with the bathroom directly in front. Both kitchen and bathroom are level.
- The bathroom door is 29 inches wide and has a bath with polished tiled flooring.
- Off to the right at the end of the kitchen (this is a carpeted area), is the master bedroom. The door width is 29 inches onto level carpeted flooring. The master bedroom includes a WC
en suite with an entrance door of 29 inches. The WC flooring is carpet.
- From the master bedroom, 46 inch wide patio doors open onto the front car park, small patio and outside eating area. The 2 steps down onto the patio are 7 inches and 8 inches in depth.
- Coming through from master bedroom into the kitchen, turn left and there is a step of 7 inches up into the lounge area which is carpeted, this leads through to the twin bedroom with door width of 32 inches. From the twin room there is a door opening out to our front car park with a door width of 32 inches and a step down of 8 inches.
Owls Roost Cottage
- Access to Owls Cottage is directly off our main driveway with 7 stone steps up to the front door. There is no handrail at present.
- The main door is 48.5 inches wide, the step in to the front door is 8.5 inches high.
- Once inside the cottage everything is on the same level and is carpeted throughout except for stone tiles in the kitchen area and polished tiles in the bathroom.
- The Master bedroom door is 32 inches wide, double bedroom door is 32 inches wide, bathroom door is 29 inches and shower is 15.5 inches wide.
- Situated in our mature gardens, Poachers Cottage is reached from our courtyard car park down 10 steep steps of varying depths (not suitable for people with limited mobility*).
- A gravel path leads to the cottage where there is a raised step of 6 inches with another step of 6 inches over the threshold to the 31.5 inch wide entrance door.
- Entering to the main living area, there is a rug at the entrance otherwise the area is carpeted. The kitchen area has a stone tiled floor.
- The master bedroom has a door width of 29 inches. A similar 29 inch door leads to the en-suite bathroom with a stone tiled floor and shower cubicle, 21 inches wide.
- The second bedroom also leads off the main level living area, this has a door width of 26 inches. A small en-suite WC has a door width of 21 inches.
- *Poachers Cottage is also accessible across the garden lawns from the front car park.
- Access to Gamekeepers Cottage is via the courtyard car park down 10 steep steps of varying depths leading onto a gravel path (not suitable for people with limited mobility*).
- The Front door of 31.5 inches has a step into the cottage of 6 inches, leading to carpeted living area with a rug in front of main entrance.
- Bedroom door is 29 inches wide with a en-suite bathroom door 29 inches wide. The bathroom has a stone tiled floor with a shower of 21 inches in width.
- *Gamekeepers Cottage is also accessible across the garden lawns from the front car park.
The Gardens and Surrounding Area
- Our Mature Gardens are accessible from gravel and/or stone pathways and car parks. They are of an uneven surface.
- The Gardens have 2 ponds, one is a raised pond in the front car park and the other is at the lower end of the garden.
- A paved terrace to the side of our rear courtyard provides an outside seating area. It is slightly raised with 2 steps above car park level.
We regret no pets are permitted, however there is no guarantee a pet has not entered the property at any time and does not imply that the property is “Pet Free” such as a guide or assistance dog or one belonging to the owner of the property.
Useful Telephone Numbers
- Accessible Taxis
WeyLine Taxis, Weymouth Tel 01305 777777.
Steve’s Cabs, Weymouth Tel 07791 534415.
Street Cars, Weymouth Tel 01305 707070
- Accident &Emergency
Weymouth Community Hospital, Melcombe Avenue, Weymouth DT4 7TB – Tel 01305 7600022.
Dorset County Hospital, Williams Avenue, Dorchester DT1 2JY – Tel 01305 251150.
- Doctors Walk-in Centre
Weymouth Community Hospital, Melcombe Avenue, Weymouth DT4 7TB – Tel 01305 980000.
We compile this accessibility information with the best information at the time. If you have questions we have not covered, or have observations that will improve our information for other guests, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Updated 15 Dec 2014