The purpose of this Accessibility Statement is to describe the standards of Disability Access at Upton Grange Holiday Cottages
Upton Grange Holiday Cottages are situated at Upton Farm, off the A353, North East of Weymouth in a rural setting 1 mile from Ringstead Bay. The road leading to Upton Grange entrance is an unclassified single track road with suitable passing places. There is no footpath.
The Grange entrance is located to your left at the bottom of a hill, 250m from the main road. Upton Grange drive has a gravel surface leading up to reception. All six of our cottages are accessible via a gravel driveway/courtyard.
Upton Grange is approximately 13.5km away from Weymouth Railway Station where an accessible taxi service is provided outside. There are currently no bus routes direct to Upton Grange.
Follow the gravel driveway to the front of the building where a member of our reception team will welcome you and show you and your party to your cottage. Our reception team will give you a brief welcome talk about the property and the surroundings.
Parking is available for ALL cottages; some are directly outside the door, please see below for further details.
- Foxes is situated in our gravel courtyard with parking available immediately outside.
- The cottage entrance has two steps with a depth of 165mm and 90mm. The single door is 780mm wide, double door width 1600mm into a level lounge.
- A rug is placed on the floor at the entrance to the cottage and kitchen-dining area.
- The kitchen has wooden laminate flooring.
- The bedroom is accessed from the lounge area with a door width of 812mm inches.
- The bathroom has a large walk-in shower with grab handles and adjustable seat. The door leading from the bedroom is 812mm wide.
- Access can be gained from our courtyard car park to the rear of the property. Car parking is available right outside the property.
- The front entrance has 2 steps, each step is 155mm inches deep. The front door width is 1040mm.
- The downstairs comprises of a lounge kitchen-diner with a small raised floor from lounge to kitchen-diner. The step up is 50mm inches high.
- Off the kitchen-diner is a twin bedroom with a door width of 780mm.
- The downstairs bathroom door is 670mm wide and has a shower with a door 585mm wide, the floor has polished floor tiles.
- Upstairs is accessed via 12 stairs which are steep and not suitable for people with limited mobility.
- Upstairs accommodation comprises 1 double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a baby’s nursery and bathroom with a bath.
- Both bathrooms have polished floor tiles, the Kitchen area has stone tiles, all other areas are carpeted.
Ratty’s Retreat Cottage
- Situated in our gravel courtyard with parking available immediately outside and a paved seating area by the front door.
- The front door is 915mm wide with a step of 51mm up and an immediate step down inside of 203mm.
- The front entrance opens into the kitchen with the bathroom directly in front. Both kitchen and bathroom are level.
- The bathroom door is 740mm wide and has a bath with polished tiled flooring.
- Off to the right at the end of the kitchen (this is a carpeted area), is the master bedroom. The door width is 710mm onto level carpeted flooring. The master bedroom includes a WC
en suite with an entrance door of 740mm inches. The WC flooring is carpet.
- From the master bedroom, 1170mm wide patio doors open onto the front car park, small patio and outside eating area. The 2 steps down onto the patio are 178mm inches and 205mm in depth.
- Coming through from master bedroom into the kitchen, turn left and there is a step of 178mm up into the lounge area which is carpeted, this leads through to the twin bedroom with door width of 815mm. From the twin room there is a door opening out to our front car park with a door width of 815mm inches and a step down of 205mm.
Owls Roost Cottage
- Access to Owls Cottage is directly off our main driveway with 7 stone steps up to the front door. There is no handrail at present.
- The main door is 1232mm inches wide, the step in to the front door is 215mm high.
- Once inside the cottage everything is on the same level and is carpeted throughout except for stone tiles in the kitchen area and polished tiles in the bathroom.
- The Master bedroom door is 815mm wide, double bedroom door is 815mm wide, bathroom door is 740mm and shower is 395mm wide.
- Situated in our mature gardens, Poachers Cottage is reached from our courtyard car park down 10 steep steps of varying depths (not suitable for people with limited mobility*).
- A gravel path leads to the cottage where there is a raised step of 155mm with another step of 155mm over the threshold to the 800mm wide entrance door.
- Entering to the main living area, there is a rug at the entrance otherwise the area is carpeted. The kitchen area has a stone tiled floor.
- The master bedroom has a door width of 735mm. A similar 735mm door leads to the en-suite bathroom with a stone tiled floor and shower cubicle, 535mm wide.
- The second bedroom also leads off the main level living area, this has a door width of 660mm. A small en-suite WC has a door width of 533mm.
- *Poachers Cottage is also accessible across the garden lawns from the front car park.
- Access to Gamekeepers Cottage is via the courtyard car park down 10 steep steps of varying depths leading onto a gravel path (not suitable for people with limited mobility*).
- The Front door of 800mm has a step into the cottage of 152mm, leading to carpeted living area with a rug in front of main entrance.
- Bedroom door is 735mm wide with a en-suite bathroom door 735mm wide. The bathroom has a stone tiled floor with a shower of 533mm in width.
- *Gamekeepers Cottage is also accessible across the garden lawns from the front car park.
The Gardens and Surrounding Area
- Our Mature Gardens are accessible from gravel and/or stone pathways and car parks. They are of an uneven surface.
- The Gardens have 2 ponds, one is a raised pond in the front car park and the other is at the lower end of the garden.
- A paved terrace to the side of our rear courtyard provides an outside seating area. It is slightly raised with 2 steps above car park level.
We regret no pets are permitted, however there is no guarantee a pet has not entered the property at any time and does not imply that the property is “Pet Free” such as a guide or assistance dog or one belonging to the owner of the property.
Customer Care & Support
- Information in large print is available on request
- Visitor information is also available in ‘Easy Read’ format
- Staff are usually contactable 24 hours a day
- Guest information files are provided in each cottage detailing local services and emergency procedures
- Mobile phone reception may be poor depending on your network. In case of emergency a landline is available in the reception area
- Free WiFi is available throughout the premises
- Accessibility Enquiries: Kerrie Webster
email@example.com 01305 853970
Useful Telephone Numbers
- Accessible Taxis
WeyLine Taxis, Weymouth Tel 01305 777777.
Steve’s Cabs, Weymouth Tel 07791 534415.
Street Cars, Weymouth Tel 01305 707070
- Accident &Emergency
Weymouth Community Hospital, Melcombe Avenue, Weymouth DT4 7TB – Tel 01305 7600022.
Dorset County Hospital, Williams Avenue, Dorchester DT1 2JY – Tel 01305 251150.
- Doctors Walk-in Centre
Weymouth Community Hospital, Melcombe Avenue, Weymouth DT4 7TB – Tel 01305 980000.
Download a Printable Copy of our Accessibility Statement here
We compile this accessibility information with the best information at the time. If you have questions we have not covered, or have observations that will improve our information for other guests, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Updated January 2019